Lord Satyanarayan Pooja should be performed by families to preserve and enhance family harmony and to bring success and enjoyment to all. Satyanarayan is a form of Lord Vishnu.
The story behind the puja is as follows:
The puja itself is from the Skanda Purana. Sutha Puranik-ji, a rishi, narrates the story of a group of rishis who were performing a 1,000 year yagya for the general benefit of mankind. They went to Sutha Puranik-ji, and asked him how an individual having an ethical, life affirming desire, could have that desire fulfilled.
Suta explained that the same question was asked by Narada, who was a great rishi and son of Brahma the creator. Narada is a great character who pops up all throughout the Vedic mythology mostly as in instigator who sets events in motion. He has a fine sense of cosmic mischief.
In this story, Narada had been traveling all over the universe and its many worlds and finally came to Earth (Bhuloka). Here he found that so many people were suffering as they lived through their own karmas from past actions. He was filled with compassion for their suffering and went to find Lord Vishnu to ask him what could be done.
Vishnu and Narada are great friends, and Vishnu asked Narada what he could do for him. Narada explained that there is a special puja called Satyanarayana that can be performed by anyone; not necessarily a priest. It can be done any time and in any place. The results of which are material comfort and spiritual success.
As a part of the puja ritual a series of stories are read which describe some of the experiences of those who have performed the puja. These stories, called the Satyanarayana Katha) are always read as a part of the puja performance.
This pack can be used for daily Satynarayan pooja or during Poornima pooja (full moon day) and for any ritual involving worshipping Lord Satyanarayan.
Contents of Satyanarayan pooja kit:
- Satyanaryan photo
- Satyanaryan Pooja Book
- Gangajal-50ml [Holy water]
- Gomutra-25ml [Cow urine]
- Itra-3ml [Fragrance oil]
- Honey-small bottle [Madhu]
- Incense -10 sticks [Agarbatti]
- Haldi, Kumkum, Abir, Gulal, Gopichandan,astagandha powder,sindoor,rangoli (app.75gms) [Hindu - tilaks in different colours]
- Sandal paste -20 gms [Ready to use tilak]
- Akshada Rice - 50gms [Coloured rice]
- Kapur - 60 pcs [Camphor]
- Janeo-1 [Holy thread]
- Ghee -50gms
- Diya-1 [Ready to use diya]
- Holy thread-1 roll [Raksha sutra]
- Deity offerings (dry fruits candy sugar) - 75gms
- Supari-12pcs, Clove, Cardamon -5pcs each [Betelnut]
- White Cloth - 1metre [Altar cloth]
- Dhoop batti (1 packet) [dhoop incense]
- Prasad containers [10pcs]
- Darbha grass -1 bundle
- Audio-Visual CD for performing the poojan
Weight: 1.4 kgs
Packaging: All items are labelled and packed in a tight and secure plastic bag.
Satyanarayan Pooja Kit
- Product Code: PSOX00001283
- Availability: In Stock